Pekin Helmets To Hardhats
Special Consideration for Military Veterans: Military veterans who have completed their military obligation may be granted special consideration into the program.
Veterans wishing to enter the Carpenters Joint Apprenticeship and Training Program as a union carpenter, millwright or floor coverer may do so by meeting the following qualifications and submitting an application.
- Residency within the territorial area of Chicago Regional Council of Carpenters Apprentice & Training Program Pekin Campus. This includes the following counties: Adams, Brown, Cass, Champaign, Christian, Clark, Cole, Crawford, Cumberland, DeWitt, Douglas, Edgar, Effingham, Ford, Fulton, Greene, Hancock, Jasper, Knox, Livingston, Logan, McDonough, McLean, Macon, Macoupin, Mason, Menard, Montgomery, Morgan, Moultrie, Peoria, Piatt, Pike, Sangamon, Schuyler, Scott, Shelby, Tazewell, Vermillion, Warren, Woodford
- Minimum age 17
- High school diploma or a GED equivalency certificate is required
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Must be drug free on acceptance into the program or prior to being employed
- Physically able to perform the work of the trade without reasonable accommodations.
Applicants meeting the above qualifications for the program may obtain an application by signing the Applicant Log and reviewing the program standards. The applicant log must be signed in person at the training facility located at 904 Brenkman Drive.
The completed application must by submitted with copies of:
- Birth certificate
- Official transcripts for high school or GED, and post high school education and training transcripts related to the trade you are applying for
- Current valid driver’s license
- DD-214 to verify military training and/or experience for veterans who wish to receive consideration for such training/experience
Applications are accepted at 904 Brenkman Drive, Pekin, IL. 61554 on a daily basis, Monday through Friday, from 9am to 11:30am and 12:30pm to 3pm, except for holidays.
The applicant must also register at the Helmets to Hardhats website by clicking here.
The Chicago Regional Council of Carpenters Apprentice & Training Program Pekin Campus will determine what training requirements they need to meet to ensure that they receive all necessary training for completion of the apprenticeship program. Entry of military veterans shall be done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, or sex. The sponsor will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the Apprenticeship Program as required by the rules of the Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training; U.S. Department of Labor, and Title 29 Part 30 of the code of Federal Regulation.
Once your application is complete, you are placed in an eligibility pool. Applicants will receive the “Letter of Introduction” packet to assist in seeking employment.
Active applications will remain on file for five years. The “Letter of Introduction” form will be good for two years. If you are hired and do not complete the probationary period, you must inform this office that you would like to be put back into the eligibility pool.